DAY 1 JUNE 18 2016
|5:15 – Departure from NAIA Terminal 2 via TigerAir|
|10:00 – Arrival Changi Airport|
|11:00 – Arrival at the hostel/check-in|
|15:30 – Late lunch at Food Opera The ION Orchard Mall|
|17:30 – Photo-op at the famous Merlion Park|
|18:30 – Marina Bay Sands Observation Deck|
|19:30 – Helix Bridge / Meet-up with Gelo|
|20:30 – Dinner at Makasuntra|
|23:00 – Back at the hostel|
|00:30 – Lights off|
I always choose early flights so i could have more time especially when im to visit many places on my itinerary. On our first day, I was really exhausted from all the walkings (though I was warned about it but I wasn’t prepared) and I didn’t have a decent sleep because I went home almost midnight from an event the night before we fly. The moment i stepped on the airport of Singapore, it captured my heart. Their transportation system is well-developed, you can reach as far as their province area by only taking MRT. Singapore is known for being strict when it comes to cleanliness and one of the safest country of the world and I couldn’t agree more.
DAY 2 JUNE 19 2016
|8:00 – Wake up call / Breakfast|
|11:30 – Attended the mass at St. Joseph Church|
|12:45 – Lunch at Vivo City|
|14:30 – Sentos Beach Station / Siloso Beach Resort|
|16:00 – Trick Eye Musuem|
|19:30 – Dinner in Swensens at Plaza Singapura|
|22:30 – Back at the hostel|
DAY 3 June 20 2016
|9:00 – Wake-up Call / Breakfast|
|10:30 – Universal Studios|
|18:00 – Back at the hostel to change clothes|
|19:00 – Gardens by the Bay|
|21:00 – Dinner at Trina’s cousin’s house|
|23:30 – Back at the hostel|
The weather is pretty much the same in the Philippines. It was raining when we arrived on Singapore, as you can see on some of the photos. But on the rest of our trip it was too sunny especially when we were in USS.
Getting lost should not worry you. It was easy for a tourist to visit places in Singapore for as long as you know the place you’re going and follow the instruction/s given to you.
DAY 4 June 21 2016
|8:00 – Wake-up Call / Breakfast|
|10:45 – Haji Lane and Bugis Street(Pasalubong shopping)|
|12:30 – Lunch|
|15:00 – Travel to Airport|
|18:00 – Departure to Manila|
SG is the most expensive among other South East Asian countries. If you are planning to shop, I suggest you go here during their Great Singapore Sale during the month of June until August every year.
**Note: We booked our flight 20 days before our departure date that is why it’s a bit expensive. You can get the ticket half of our price during seat sale. We got discounts for the attraction tickets because we bought it from the hostel.(Here’s the original price: USS-74; Gardens by the bay-28; Trick Eye-25)
|RT Airfare Via Tiger Air||200||7148.84|
|Beary Best Hostel 4D/3N(per pax)||87.3||3120|
|Universal Studio Ticket/pax||65||2320|
|Marina Bay Sands Observation Deck/pax||22||786|
|Gardens By the bay||23||823|
|Trick Eye Museum||20||715|
|MRT Tourist pass (Unlimited 3days MRT/BUS)||20||715|
|Food (4 days lunch)||95||3396|
**pasalubong and shopping was not included. I spent more or less 30k for my entire SG trip.
- FOOT GEAR –Wear comfortable shoes you will do a lot of walking. If you have budget then don’t worry about the walking part because you can always hire a cab or book UBER and GRAB.
- CURRENCY EXCHANGE- go to Lucky Plaza mall because they have higher exchange rate compared to the in airport. You can also buy chocolates there for a cheaper price.
- Shopping– BUGIS VILLAGE their own version of Divisoria where you can get your souvenirs/pasalubong for a cheaper price. Bring out your haggling skills here. Mustafa Centre – If you want to go shopping until 2 am, this is the perfect place for you.Orchard Road – if you’re aiming for high-end brands.
- ACCOMMODATION– Hotels are quite expensive in SG, try looking hostels, or inns or try Airbnb. We met Filipino family of 4 at the same hostel where we stayed so I think hostel really works in SG not just for solo backpacker but also for families.
- FOOD – Hawker is SG’s version of PH’s “karinderya”. We havent got a chance to visit the place but a friend of mine told me about it and says it was great.
- TRANSPORTATION – – Buy the SG Tourist pass. 20sgd for 3 days unlimited MRT and Bus ride. We actually saved a lot because there were times we went out at the wrong station. LOL You can buy it at the airport near the entrance of MRT Changi station.